Who we are
Meherbai Tata Memorial Hospital (MTMH) was established in 1975. Inaugurated by JRD Tata, the comprehensive cancer care centre has catered to patients from Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal and Nepal since then. In 2018, Tata Trusts stepped in with a grant to expand the facilities, infrastructure and level of treatment at MTMH, so that it could become a referral centre for cancer patients in Jharkhand.
What we do
The Meherbai Tata Memorial Hospital (MTMH) caters to patients from Jharkhand and neighbouring states, and supports poor patients by providing free outpatient consultation and at times, indoor care.
It has a state-of-the art diagnostic centre which has a 128 slice CT scanner, the fastest in town, along with MRI, ultrasound, mammography and digital X-ray facilities. MTMH has been constantly upgrading itself and has set up a PET CT centre, a new diagnostic facility, the only one in Jharkhand.
Other facilities include radiotherapy provided by an Elekta and a state-of-the-art TrueBeam machine. Brachytherapy is available with the latest equipment. Pathology provides immunohistochemistry as an advanced test, besides routine tests. As part of a tie-up with Tata Main Hospital (TMH), patients requiring surgery are referred to TMH. Medical oncology services are also linked with TMH.
The expansion project completed in March 2019 resulted in the following upgradation of MTMH
- Addition of a 2nd LINAC machine for advanced radiotherapy
- Replacement of the existing HDR (brachytherapy equipment)
- Installation of a PET-CT facility
- Construction of OPD in existing MTMH building
- Increase in number of beds: 72 to 128
- Sky bridge constructed to connect new and old wards
- Addition of medical oncology, radiotherapy, day care chemotherapy and palliative care wards
- Renovation and air conditioning of wards (male and female) and cabins