The Department of Radiology was started in 1988 and is located at the diagnostic centre at Meherbai Tata Memorial Hospital. The department uses state-of-the-art equipment and provides expert diagnostic and interventional services to support clinical needs. It has a well-qualified team of in-house radiologists dedicated to imparting quality health care services to the citizens of Jamshedpur and its periphery.
- 128 slice CT scan (Somatom definition AS-Siemens) — with CT coronary angiography in addition to other scans.
- CT-guided biopsy / FNAC.
- 3T Tesla MRI (Magnetom Skyra - Siemens).
- 32 slice CT scan (Somatom scope Siemens — for 24 hours emergency cases).
- X-ray mammography (Wipro GE - AI plast).
Other facilities for ultrasound (USG-guided FNAC / biopsy) and X-ray are also available.
The Department of Pathology started functioning in 1975. Over the years, it has grown to be a modern and well-equipped laboratory. Comprehensive cancer care processing and reporting of cases as per National Comprehensive Cancer Network guidelines is done at the department.
- Fully automated autoanalyser, including serum electrolytes analyser (urgent TAT- 2 hours).
- Fully automated chemiluminescence - access 2, Beckman Coulter- special analyser for hormonal assays and tumor markers (TAT- within 24 hours).
- Five-part automated cell counter- SYSMEX XS-800i (urgent TAT - 1 hour).
- Automated PT- INR – Erba ECL105 (urgent TAT - 1 hour).
- Histokinet tissue processor.
- Bone-sectioning facility.
- Automated IHC stainer (Biogenex i6000) - in-house hormone receptor studies (TAT - 7 days).
Telephonic appointment is available during working hours.
- Pathologist consultation.
- In-house biopsy block IHC facilities.
- In-house serum tumor marker assays.
- Complete haematological and biochemical tests profile, including hormone assay.
- Fine-needle aspiration cytology (direct and imaging guidance) for all types of lesions.
- PAP smear screening facility.
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy with flowcytometry and IHC assessment.
- Small and large tissue excision biopsy processing for cancerous and non-cancerous specimens.
- Slide and block review with second opinion, including special tests confirmation.
The Department of Nuclear Medicine has both a PET-CT (at MTMH) and a Dual Head Gamma camera (at TMH). Routine scans are carried out on the gamma camera and radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism and samarium therapy for bone pain palliation is also given. Bone densitometry is a new addition in services provided by the nuclear medicine department. The new PET CT is the only one in Jharkhand.
The facility is available at TMH.