MTMH Pathology (Lab) established in 1975, likely since the inception of Hospital itself, has gained pace to match the requirements of Oncology diagnosis and speciality care, well supported by updated Automation and well trained, dedicated, experienced technical staff to carry out the special investigations indicated.
Our Technical staff have provided technical support to State COVID mission during the core crisis period.
Department boasts and hosts inhouse automated IHC analyser, Serum tumor marker (CLIA) analyser of the best possible configuration available at selected centres only. Well facilitated with Biopsy processing for handling delicate core biopsies to robust Oncosurgical specimens, with thorough dissection for detailed reporting as per CAP guidelines, pTNM staging and IHC .
Breast cases undergo comprehensive workup with Trucut biopsy followed by inhouse Hormonal assessment, Her2neu, Ki67 markers, within a week’s time to be discussed at Tumor Board for further treatment protocol.
Hematological malignancies and under workup cases are taken care of by Bone marrow examination including Trephine biopsy, cytochemistry (MPO), and processed for flowcytometry and cytogenetics workup in conjunction with one of the best Oncocare Diagnostics within a stipulated time frame.
We facilitate Daycare Chemotherapy services by providing urgent haematological, serological and Biochemical investigations within a time frame of 2hrs.
Feasibility for submission of cases to be reviewed histopathologically and guidance on further Therapeutic decisions is offered by Histopathologists, both for inhouse and outside cases.
We are ready to venture Molecular diagnosis as the upcoming next step.
All the above services are enrolled for quality assurance (EQAS) with nationally accredited organisations like ISHTM-AIIMS (Delhi), CMC Vellore and National Cancer Grid-NCG (TMH Mumbai).
- ▸ Complete hematological & Biochemical tests profile including Hormone assay
- ▸ Serum Methotrexate assay results available within 4-6 hrs with prior intimation.
- ▸ Fine needle aspiration cytology (Direct& Imaging guidance) for all types of lesions.
- ▸ Comprehensive body fluid analysis including biochemical, cytological and cell block preparation, facilitated by IHC (in feasible cases).
- ▸ PAP smear screening facility.
- ▸ Bone marrow aspiration & trephine biopsy(admission / outdoor basis) with flowcytometry*, cytogenetics* & IHC assessment.
- ▸ Cytochemistry – MPO, PAS.
- ▸ Small & large tissue excision biopsy processing for cancerous and noncancerous specimens.
- ▸ Core and needle biopsy processing and reporting within 4 days.
- ▸ Slide & block review with second opinion including special tests confirmation.
- ▸ Immunohistochemistry. ∏
- ▸ Pathologist consultation available.
Quality assurance standards
EQUAS certifications –
▸ CMC Vellore for Biochemistry and Immunoassays
▸ ISHTM AIIMS for Hematology
▸ NCG EQUAS for Histopathology and IHC
Unique / Special features
▸ Inhouse biopsy block IHC facilities.
▸ Comprehensive cancer biopsy processing & reporting of the case as per NCCN guidelines.
▸ In-house Serum tumor markers# and hormone# assays available on a wide range.
▸ Tumor board assessment with complete review of reports and case discussion for treatment planning.
▸ All the above mentioned services available during lockdown crisis as well.
▸ Routine - 8.30 am – 6.00 pm.
▸ Extended - 7.00 am – 7.00 pm.
▸ Online / Telephonic appointment available during working hours (1.00-3.30pm lunch break)
Contact No. 0657-6641367 (Lab)
Walk in for lab tests (Monday – Saturday, blood sample collection upto 4pm, Biopsy submission upto 6pm)
* indicates outsourced.
** Immunohistochemistry for ER PR Her2neu Ki67 index inhouse. Other markers as customized panel outsourced at competitive rates from reliable, internationally accredited agency.
# CA125, CEA, CA19.9, CA15.3, AFP, LDH, BHCG, PSA, FreePSA, LH,FSH,T3,T4,TSH,VitB12, Folate, VITD3, results available the same day, for samples given / sent by 11.00am.
|1. Dr. Vanita Pandey
DNB Pathology (St. Stephens Hospital, Delhi)
HOD and Sr. Consultant Pathologist
|2. Dr. Swati Sucharita Giri